- AFL CNE- Round 1 Results
- Principal to support GB through to 2018
- Bulldogs finalise their AFL IC’17 Squad
- Demons & Scorpions Haggis Cup Champions!
- AFL Europe Coaching Courses 2017
- OPROGROUP to protect AFL England
- Talking IC with GB Swans Coach Ian Mitchell
- WEST LONDON & WIMBLEDON CROWNED CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2017
- Talking IC with GB Bulldog Michael Sharp
- Talking IC with GB Swan Mel McDevitt
AFL London Pre-Season Cup 2017
On Friday 3rd February 2017 the Great Britain Australian Rules Teams, AFL England and AFL London announced this season Pre-Season Cup which will be hosted by the Wimbledon Hawks in aid of Great Britain’s efforts for the 2017 AFL International Cup.
On 22nd April 2017 the AFL London Pre-Season Cup will be taking a different shape. 2017 will see the Wimbledon Hawks host the Cup for the first time down at Motspur Park, the home of the AFL London Grand Finals, and will be in support of the Great Britain sides travelling to Melbourne to compete in this years AFL International Cup.
As almost every team across the UK has a player within the preliminary squads we are working to support both the growth of the game across the nation and the ability for us to send the best performance teams possible to compete against the rest of the world.
This will be an 18-a-side competition so for the leagues outside of London please consider working with other clubs from your leagues to form a representative side or a national side for Wales and Scotland
What to expect:
– Great summer festival vibe and party!
– Full on AFL action throughout the day
– Bars serving up cheap beers, ciders and soft drinks all day
– BBQs serving up badass beef burgers straight from the barbie
– Raffle with some great prizes including international travel
CLUBS: Once you have filled in the form in the ticket area of the event we will be in touch to confirm your team’s attendance at the AFL London Pre-Season Cup for 2017
The AFL London Pre Season festival is set to take London by storm, Aussie or not, we better see you there! Entry throughout the day is open and free to all – so bring along your mates to support your team, or just get into the festival spirit, smashing back some beers, while dancing to some classic Aussie tunes!
More information will be released once teams are confirmed and the after party venue is finalised.