- AFL CNE- Round 1 Results
- Principal to support GB through to 2018
- Bulldogs finalise their AFL IC’17 Squad
- Demons & Scorpions Haggis Cup Champions!
- AFL Europe Coaching Courses 2017
- OPROGROUP to protect AFL England
- Talking IC with GB Swans Coach Ian Mitchell
- WEST LONDON & WIMBLEDON CROWNED CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2017
- Talking IC with GB Bulldog Michael Sharp
- Talking IC with GB Swan Mel McDevitt
On Thursday 16th February 2017 AFL England announced their latest national competition – The National Cup.
The National Cup will be a first of its kind in the UK with a full draft, regional teams and the first Premier of the UK will be crowned. Head of Performance, Jason Hill, announced the competition this evening and had this to say, “The National Cup will become a way for us to raise the standard of Men and Women’s footy across the British Isles. After conversations with the committees of Wales and Scotland they were keen to be involved and we are proud to be able to showcase the talent that the British leagues have to offer. We’re keen for our players to learn from one another, whether British, Australian or any other nationality, and create a competition where we get the best players, playing the best footy against the best opposition”.
- The National Cup is open to all players within the English, Scottish, Welsh, University and European leagues
- The National Cup is open to all nationalities
- There will be a Men’s & Women’s Competition
- The National Cup will be in the 18-a-side format
- A live draft will be held in June 2017 for Head Coaches to pick their representative sides
- Games will be played on the weekends of:
- Round 1 – 2nd September 2017
- Round 2 – 9th September 2017
- Round 3 – 16th September 2017
- Grand Finals – 30th September 2017
There will be a further press release in April to finalise number of teams, venues, head coaches, regional training venues and any associated costs.
Players who are interested should register their details here
Coaches who are interested in Head Coach positions should send applications to email@example.com
Venues who are interested in hosting games should also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Business who are interested in sponsorship should get in contact with email@example.com