- AFL CNE- Round 1 Results
- Principal to support GB through to 2018
- Bulldogs finalise their AFL IC’17 Squad
- Demons & Scorpions Haggis Cup Champions!
- AFL Europe Coaching Courses 2017
- OPROGROUP to protect AFL England
- Talking IC with GB Swans Coach Ian Mitchell
- WEST LONDON & WIMBLEDON CROWNED CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2017
- Talking IC with GB Bulldog Michael Sharp
- Talking IC with GB Swan Mel McDevitt
What is Aussie Rules?
Australian Rules Football also known as AFL, Aussie Rules or Footy is a fast and skillful game played by some of the fittest professional athletes in the world. It’s also now a sport that is played all around the world by males and females in different formats from Fiji, South Africa and India to right here in England!
Check out some of the videos of in the side bar of our England Dragonslayers and England Vixens in action!
DID YOU KNOW: Aussie Rules is the 4th most popular spectator sport in the world and the most popular sport to play AND watch in Australia!?
As the name suggests there are some rules you might not be familiar with as they are unique to Aussie Rules. The AFL have recently put together this short video to help you understand our great game! Globall have also put together a handy rules guide here.
DID YOU KNOW: That the annual Aussie Rules varsity match between Oxford & Cambridge has been played for over 85 years!
If you have never watched the pro’s in action the video below really is a must watch- some great AFL action!
For a more information or training and coaching resources please check out our resources pages.